• WelcomeWelcomeWelcome
  • Fire DistrictFire DistrictFire District
  • News & EventsNews & EventsNews & Events
  • Fire CompanyFire CompanyFire Company
  • Media GalleryMedia GalleryMedia Gallery
  • ApparatusApparatusApparatus
  • Fire SafetyFire SafetyFire Safety
  • Firematic LinksFirematic LinksFirematic Links
  • Apply to JoinApply to JoinApply to Join
  • Ladies AuxiliaryLadies AuxiliaryLadies Auxiliary
  • Hall RentalHall RentalHall Rental

 

 
 
 
Middlehope Fire Company History

1948 Station 1

1962 Station 1

The Middlehope Fire Company was organized in January 1948 with the first meeting held at the Balmville Grange. Property for Station 1 was donated by late State Senator John T. McCall. The first building was constructed in June 1948 with two bays and in 1962 two more additional bays were added. In 1986 property for Station 2 was donated by Mrs. Alice Curtis Desmond, Dedication of the District Headquarters was in August 1991.

In 2006 the fire district purchased 9.2 acres of land located behind Station 1 with access from Route 9W, Carter Ave. and Lattintown Road for future expansion.

Middlehope Firemen’s Field was acquired (7+acres) in 1957 from Albert and Alice Kniffin and an additional adjacent16 acres from Alice Kniffin in 1960. In 1976 Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp. donated a Butler Building for removal off site after construction of the Roseton Generating Station. The removal was done by fire company members in less than two days. A local contractor was hired to erect the present pavilion. The pavilion has a full operating kitchen and is used for various company functions.

 

 

HOME | NEWS & UPDATES | FIRE DISTRICT INFO | DEPARTMENT INFO | APPLY TO JOIN
APPARATUS MEDIA GALLERY | FIRE SAFETY | LINKS

Copyright Middlehope Fire District 2009-2011

The images on this site are the property of the Middlehope Fire Department or the Department has been granted permission to display them. Any use of the Middlehope Fire Department Logo and/or these images is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Middlehope Fire Department and/or the Photographer.

Please respect the Copyrights of the those who have made these pages possible.

Powered by the Middlehope Fire District